Every Wednesday and Friday, The edge publishes our flagship podcast, MovieBeatcast, where our editors make sense of the week’s most important tech news. Fridays, Edge Editor-in-Chief Nilay Patel, Editor-in-Chief David Pierce and Editor-in-Chief Alex Cranz discuss the week in tech news with reporters and editors covering the biggest stories.
Today’s episode is about The edgeReviews of iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, Apple Watch Series 8, and iOS 16. The team discusses whether hardware updates are worth be upgraded or if updating to new software is sufficient. Of course, there’s a lot of talk about Dynamic Island, Apple’s solution to the front camera notch.
If you’re still wondering if this generation of iPhone and Apple Watch is the one for you, this episode might be worth a listen.
Stories covered in this episode:
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro review: the island of the first users
- Apple iPhone 14 review: Meet the iPhone 13S
- It’s time to give contrast to the photos of our smartphones
- Apple Watch Series 8 review: If it ain’t broke
- iOS 16.1 beta adds Apple’s lousy new battery percentage indicator to iPhone Mini
- iOS 16 review: Unlock the lock screen
- We finally got our hands on the PlayStation VR2
- Google canceled its next Pixelbook and shut down the team building it
- We didn’t need another Pixelbook
- Adobe buys Figma for $20 billion
- Bose QuietComfort II headphones review: Noise cancellation dominance
- Disney CEO teases ‘hard bundle’ of Disney Plus and Hulu
- Sonos announces highly anticipated Sub Mini for $429