Apps are what make the iPhone useful. Without them, you couldn’t really do much with your smartphone, which is why it’s important to keep them up to date. Making sure you keep them up to date will ensure you get the latest security and feature updates. Luckily, iPhones can automatically update apps for you, or you can manually update one or all of them on your own – and that’s a pretty quick and easy process too.
Here, we’ll show you how to update your iOS 16 iPhone apps – automatically or manually – in a few simple steps that should take very little time.
How to Automatically Update Apps on iOS 16
First, to save time, you can have your iPhone automatically update any individual app — or all of them — if you want.
- Click on Settings on your iPhone’s home screen. Once there, scroll down and tap Application store.
- Under the Automatic downloads section, drag the slider next to App updates so it turns green.
How to Manually Update Apps on iOS 16
You can also update apps manually if you don’t want your iPhone to do it for you automatically.
- Head to the App store on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Once there, click on your profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Under the Upcoming automatic updates section, you will see if there are any upcoming updates available for your apps. You can update them individually by clicking on the Update button next to the application.
- Alternatively, you can update them all by clicking on the blue Update all option just below Upcoming automatic updates title.
And There you go ! All your apps are now updated! You can now take advantage of all new features and security updates and repeat the process in the future if needed.